The Internet, It's here and I am going to use it for my own selfish need. Take that in your eye popular media

Thursday, November 30, 2006

On and On


Batman Bang
Originally uploaded by thorner.
Art School, who would have thought that it could possibly been such work. For the past 3 or 4 weeks i have been putting in longer the full-time hours in the sculpture studio. I don think that I was prepared for this kind of work, however; I am taking pleasure in this experience.

Last time I left you guys I was working on 'The Batman Bang." It has been finished but I am afraid I was not satisfied with it. It ended up being too big and thus lost alot of its "banginess." if I ever get the chance to do this over I will definitely bring the scale down, and increase the amount of lines. I am confidant that this will really accentuate the "banginess" of the piece.

Time and my classes are soldering on. There is no room fro rest in this school, so I have done two more piece since the last update. Working on these has in fact been fun, but not in the way one might expect. For these two sculpture I choose to make a potato, but not and potato but a faceted potato. Now this allowed me to say, "Well if you excuse me, but I have t go work on my potato." and then receive very puzzled looks from all those in attendance. Sensing their confusion I explain, "It's for art, I am sculpting a faceted potato." and nothing more. Leaving my audience with still a puzzled look on there face with a hint of dissatisfaction of my explanation. Now the truth of the matter is that my explanation is true through its' entirety, with no omissions. The sculpture is merrily an exploration of form. It seemed that alot of people can not except this, they want something deeper. But there is nothing, it is as shallow as can be, and I am happy with it.
Posted by Toddokun :: 10:13 PM ::

Post a Comment

Comments:0

---------------------------------